Wednesday, March 28, 2012

{krista + aldo | portrait | film + lace + vintage cameras | malibu}

I am so excited to share part 1 of our holiday session featuring film, lace and vintage cameras, all of my favorite things! I know, we are a bit late on this post, lol. This year we decided to display a table of cameras in lieu of sweets! I got the idea from a wall display of cameras and a beautiful sweets table by My Sweet and Saucy. With the help of Gianna of Chic Celebrations, we were able to turn my inspiration into reality. She is so amazing! Aldo and I are currently working on translating it into a wall display for our living room! I can't wait. ;-) Jackie of Susie Chhuor did an amazing job on my hair and make-up and Jen of Nunn-Better Design styled Aldo and I. The beautiful calligraphy was done by Calligraphy Katrina.

Every photographer needs to experience what it feels like to be in front of the camera, and Aldo and I do it every year for our holiday portraits. No matter how experienced you are as a photographer it is always an awkward feeling having your portrait taken. At least that is for Aldo and I, we are not models by any means and enjoy being behind the camera, lol. Asking yourself to do all the fake laughs, poses and silly things we ask our clients to do in order to achieve their amazing images puts things into perspective. I think it makes us better photographers, knowing what it is like on both sides of the camera. In the end I love having our portraits for memories and of course our yearly holiday card. ;-) We hope you enjoy this little snippet into our lives!

Stay tuned for Part 2 of Joy and Cory.













No comments:

Post a Comment

you may also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails